Guidelines for the Use of the Tennis Courts
There are 3 court locations within the OBRS precinct:
- Tuna Place
- Mangatawhiri Road
- Taumata Road
These courts are situated on Auckland Council land under the management and care of the OBRS and are available for use by members of the Omaha Beach Residents Society (OBRS) and their invited guests.
Recently the OBRS has made significant upgrades to all locations. New lighting has been installed at the Mangatawhiri Road and the Taumata Road sites as the original lighting had deteriorated to such an extent that they were a safety hazard. In addition to the new lighting the Tuna Place surface has been upgraded, new nets installed and additionally, basketball hoops have been installed on one of the courts to provide a multi function experience for the community.
It would be appreciated if we can all follow the following guidelines when using these facilities. Please keep in mind that we are one community and our collective enjoyment will be achieved if we all adhere to these guidelines.
- Hours of use are 8.00am through to 9.00pm for Tuna Place. A code is required to enter this facility. It is currently set to 50149. If there are any issues please contact Insite Security on 0800 662 424.
- Please make every effort to keep excessive noise to a minimum as a courtesy to those living nearby
- If others are waiting to use the courts please assign your use to an hour maximum - sharing is caring
- Lights are available on the Mangatawhiri Road and Taumata Road courts. The lights can be turned on by pressing the button on the controller
- As with most Auckland Council recreation areas, the sites are alcohol and smoke free areas
- To protect the surface of the areas, it would be appreciated if wheeled apparatus be kept off. Also, it is requested that animals be kept outside the fences.
If there are any issues that need to be reported, can you please contact Insite Security 0800 662 424.